The City of Ryde is conducting a Food Truck Trial between 1 January - 31 December 2017.
During this period, approvals will be issued to food truck businesses to operate in specified locations throughout the local government area. These locations include (but are not limited to):
- Anzac Park, West Ryde
- Blenheim Park, North Ryde
- Cottonwood Crescent, Macquarie Park
- Fontenoy Park, Macquarie Park
- Kissing Point Park, Putney
- Meadowbank Wharf, Meadowbank
- Putney Park, Putney
During the trial period there will be no approval fees only inspection fees, if applicable.
Visit a food truck near you
See where and when food trucks will be around the City of Ryde*:
- Cottonwood Crescent, Macquarie Park - 7 September (12pm - 2pm)
- Blenheim Park - 10 September (10.30 am - 2 pm)
*Dates and locations are subject to change without notice.
How to seek approval to participate in the trial
- Read the following document: Guidelines for Food Truck Trial(PDF, 131KB)
- Ensure your food truck complies with the NSW Food Authority Guidelines for Mobile Food Vending Vehicles
- Complete the . This will determine the details you need to complete your application
- Complete a email@example.com or post Locked Bag 2069, North Ryde NSW 1670
and submit the form with your supporting documentation by email
Once your application has been received it will be considered for approval. We will work through the approval process with you to make it as easy as possible.
*Note: To complete an Application you will need: Details of your food truck (make/model, rego etc); Details of your food and food preparation area(s). If you are storing/preparing food in a location other than your food truck you will need to ensure that the premises has approval to operate as a food premise. You should also attach a copy of your most recent inspection report for this premise; A pre-approval vehicle inspection. If you have done this at another Council within the last 3 months, please provide the complying inspection report; An idea of where you would like to operate.
Connect with Ryde's Food Truck Trial
Share your satisfaction about having Food Trucks in Ryde with our hashtag #RydeFoodTrucks - use it on any social network to share your experience whether it’s Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
For further information on the Food Truck Trial, visit www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/FoodTruckTrial or call Council's Neighbourhood Activation Officer on 9952 8222.