Eastwood Town Centre
167 Shaftsbury Road, Eastwood
In July 2013, Council approved the establishment of a new Integrated Youth Service Hub in Eastwood. The Hub responds to the needs of local young people by co-locating a variety of youth services in Eastwood Town Centre. The Hub provides opportunities for new services such as after school programs, and establish an operational framework for increased service collaboration to provide holistic support for local young people.
Oasis Youth Support Network, Christian Community Aid, The Northern Centre and sessional services work together in partnership to provide the following services:
- Board of Studies endorsed Alternative Education Program, helping at risk youth re-engage with education or employment pathways
- Case management for young people disengaged from education or at risk of disengaging aged between 11-18 years
- Six week intensive parenting program, parenting workshops and parenting groups
- Project based learning and skills development
- After school homework help and assignment assistance
- Strength base workshops - building self-esteem, bullying, resilience, Love Bites, positive relationships, body image, identity, sexual health
- After school creative workshops including art, dance and music
- School Holiday programs promoting healthy lifestyle
- Skills development workshops
- Counselling and coaching services for youth
- Family counselling
- Financial support for at youth, for example buying text books, school and work uniforms
- Other outreach opportunities.
There is a counselling and casework room, chill-out room, office space and classrooms.
Find out more
Apply for a Community Space
If you are a service interested in delivering a youth specific sessional service or program from the youth hub, please complete the Application for Community Space(PDF, 65KB) form.
This will be considered by Council and the Integrated Youth Service Hub Tenant Committee. Contact Our Space on 9874 7458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org