2017 Council Election
The next election for the City of Ryde will be held on Saturday 9 September 2017.
Under the Local Government Act 1993, a person is required to vote at the City of Ryde Council election if they are eligible to be on the electoral roll, and are a resident of one of the three wards in the council area – East, Central or West. Please check the map to identify your ward City of Ryde Ward Map.
Voting venues are available on the Council of the City of Ryde Electoral Commission NSW web page, and will also be in the local papers closer to election day.
- The residential rolls closed at 6 pm on 31 July 2017 for residents to enrol to vote
- However, a resident can still enrol to vote at a pre-poll or voting venue with their photo identification card or drivers licence
- For information on how to vote if you are unable to vote near home on polling day i.e. pre-poll and postal voting, please go to votensw - voting before election day
- Pre-poll is open from Monday 28 August 2017 until Friday 8 September 2017 at Ryde Bowling Club, 11 Blaxland Road, Ryde. Opening hours are: 8.30 am - 5.30pm (Monday to Friday) and 9 am - 5 pm (Saturday)
- Applications for a postal vote close on Monday 4 September 2017
- Please note, iVote® (electronic voting) is not available for Local Government elections.
The non-residential roll closed at 6 pm on 31 July 2017.
Information for candidates
Candidate nominations closed at 12 noon on Wednesday 9 August 2017. For more information, please go to the NSW Electoral Commission site votensw - Political Participants.
For information on the candidates for the City of Ryde general election, the pre-poll venue, the returning office and election day voting venues, please visit the Council of the City of Ryde Electoral Commission NSW web page.