New Community Recycling Centre Now Open
Published on 19 April 2017
A new Community Recycling Centre (CRC) for Northern Sydney residents is now open at Waltham Road, Artarmon.
The drive-through/drop-off recycling centre is a free service for household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins. Items accepted including:
- Paint (oil and water based)
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes
- Electronic Waste (eg. computers, TVs, electronic equipment and small electrical appliances) White goods are not accepted
- Household batteries
- Lead Acid Batteries eg car and motorbike batteries
- Motor and other oils (including cooking oil)
- Smoke detectors
- Mobile phones
- X-ray films
Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. This is equivalent to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the items listed above.
The new CRC is located at: 8 Waltham Road, Artarmon
Opening hours: Saturday and Sunday 8.00am – 4.00pm
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8.00am – 2.00pm
It is important to handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we:
- keep potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- help improve recycling rates and
- save water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
City of Ryde, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, North Sydney and Willoughby Councils have partnered with assistance from the NSW EPA to reduce and manage Household Problem Waste by establishing the new Community Recycling Centre (CRC). The NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative is funded from the waste levy. For more information www.epa.nsw.gov.au/recyclingcentres