The City of Ryde Sport and Recreation Strategy 2016 - 2026, including the Synthetic Surface Action Plan 2016 - 2026, looks at the way we provide, manage and develop recreation facilities and services across the city for the next 10 years.
The Strategy aims to deliver accessible spaces that provide passive and active opportunities that meet our diverse community needs and expectations.
The seven (7) goals within the Strategy ensure strategic focus for Council as it designs, plans and manages for the future of sport and recreation in Ryde. These seven (7) goals are:
- To make the most of what we have
- Equitable access for all
- We understand and respond to the needs of our diverse community
- Our facilities are fit for purpose
- We provide inclusive and accessible sport and recreation
- Our community will be aware of our facilities and programs
- Sustainable management of facilities and sport.
Synthetic Surface Action Plan 2016 - 2026
The Synthetic Surface Action Plan 2016 - 2026 is a comprehensive study on the immediate and future needs of synthetic surfaces in the city.
It provides recommendations on the provision of synthetic fields over the next ten years and beyond, and is part of the action to develop active and passive opportunities for our broader community.