Who is Invited? - Aim of the Competition - Key Dates - Prize Money - Jury - More Information
The Council of the City of Ryde, a suburb of Sydney, Australia, invites submissions for an iconic gateway concept – a bold vision of insightful and creative design to guide future development of its civic site.
Name Our Site Competition
The Design Our Ryde Site Naming Competition commences at 9am on Wednesday, 5 October 2016 until 11.59pm on Friday, 28 October 2016. For more details about the competition visit www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/nameoursite.
STAGE 2 WINNER AND shortlist
To view the Winner of Design Our Ryde and entry finalists please click here.
Stage 1 entry finalists
To view the Design Our Ryde Stage 1 entry finalists please click here
Who is invited?
- Professionally registered architects
- Students or Graduates of an accredited architecture degree.
Aim of the Competition
- Achieve the highest standards in sustainable design
- Promote innovative concept design
- Elicit a diversity of architectural solutions
- Encourage new and unexpected solutions
- Release the potential of the site to sustain an iconic solution
- Engage the community to liberate the site’s potential.
The Competition is in two stages.
Stage 1 open competition
- Submissions: 11 January - 30 March 2016
- Submissions exhibited: 14 April - 5 May 2016
- Jury identifies 3 shortlisted entries and the Community identifies 1 shortlisted entry by 13 May 2016
Stage 2 invited competition for shortlisted entries
- Submissions: 14 May - 27 June 2016
- Exhibition: 11 July - 1 August 2016
- Jury identifies Competition Winner, and the Community names the site by 8 August 2016.
Each shortlisted entry receives $AU50,000 in recognition of extra work required in Stage 2.
Winner receives $AU150,000.
Who is on the Jury?
- Peter Poulet - Government Architect, New South Wales
- Shaun Carter - Founding architect of Carterwilliamson Architects and NSW, Chapter President, Australian Institute of Architects
- Maria Atkinson, AM - Founding Director of Maria Atkinson Consultancy, internationally recognised sustainability strategist.