City of Ryde “Design our Ryde Site Naming Competition” – Terms and Conditions
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The City of Ryde “Design our Ryde Site Naming Competition” Promotion commences at 9.00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Wednesday, 5th October 2016 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Friday 28th October 2016.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- The Promoter is City of Ryde of Building O, Level 1, 3 Richardson Place, North Ryde 2113.
- Entry into the promotion is open to residents of Australia only who are 18 years or older.
- Employees, Contractors and Councillors of The Promoter may vote in the naming competition; however they are not eligible for the prize draw associated with this promotion.
- Design Our Ryde Stage 2 Competition Entrants i.e. the creators of the designs in the Design our Ryde Stage 2 Competition may vote in the naming competition; however they are not eligible for the prize draw associated with this promotion.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- All entries must be accompanied by a valid Australian phone number, postcode and name to be eligible.
- To be eligible, participants must submit their survey online via the Design our Ryde Website www.designourryde.com.au or in person at the City of Ryde 2016 Granny Smith Festival during the exhibition period.
- Participants who do not include a valid Australian telephone number, postcode and name will be void.
- Participation in the Promotion by completing the online survey form is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The opportunity to provide feedback is open to all qualifying Participants who:
- Complete the survey form online from 9.00am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Wednesday, 5th October 2016 to 11:59pm AEST on Friday 28th October 2016.
- Complete the survey form in-person at the City of Ryde 2016 Granny Smith Festival on 15 October, 2016.
- No purchase is necessary.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The details of all participants will be kept confidential; only the names of the winners will be published.
Prizes and Judging
- Total prize pool is $AU500.
- Ten winners will be drawn at random from eligible Participants on Monday, 31 October 2016 at Building O, Level 1, 3 Richardson Place, North Ryde. Each winner will be notified by telephone with details of how to redeem the prize. Winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw taking place.
- Notification will occur on Tuesday, 1 November 2016 or Wednesday 2 November 2016, during the City of Ryde business hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm AEST.
- To be eligible for the prize:
- Winners must be available to receive the notification call, at the time of the call OR
- Recontact City of Ryde within 24 hours of the notification call to claim their prize.
- Winners will be published on Council’s website(s).
- Each winner will receive a gift card to the value of $50. Each winner may choose either a $50 WISH Gift Card or $50 Coles Myer Gift Card.
- Each winner may elect to collect the gift card in person from premises of the Promoter or provide a valid Australian delivery address. The Promoter takes no responsibility for gift cards lost in the postal system.
- If a prize is returned through the postal system to the City of Ryde, due to unclaimed mail, incorrect postal address etc. Council reserves the right to retain or redistribute the prize.
- In the event that an entrant’s contact details change during the competition period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that winners provide proof of identity and / or proof of residency in order to claim the Prize. In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable proof (as determined by the Promoter), the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entrant. No substitute will be offered.
- In the event that an Employee, Contractor or Councillor of the Promoter or Competition Registrar is selected during the Prize draw, a redraw will automatically take place.
- The Prize must be taken as offered. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the gift card provider. Once issued, The Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
- By entering the Prize draw, the winner consents to their name being published as winner of the prize draw and to participate in any publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion in printed and / or online formats.
- If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are not received for any reason, by the closing date and time, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond its control corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
- The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. A Participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and / or the Promoter. This includes, but is not limited to, Participants using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Boxes or SIM cards to register single or multiple entries for an individual.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision on all matters concerning these terms and conditions is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
“Participant” means any person who completes the online or paper survey form for the “Design our Ryde Site Naming Competition”.
“Website” means City of Ryde’s website at www.ryde.nsw.gov.au and www.designourryde.com.au and any related subdomains and web pages.
“Promoter” means the City of Ryde of Building O, Level 1, 3 Richardson Place, North Ryde 2113.