- Waste and Recycling
- Bushland and Wildlife
- Sustainable Living
- Animals and Plants
- Air Quality and Pollution
- Water Quality and Pollution
- Managing Our Environment
- Resources for Schools
- Remediation Projects
Household Clean Up Collection
Council provides five scheduled clean up collections per year. This service allows for the disposal of bulky items which can't be placed in the regular household garbage or recycling bins.
How does it work?
- Check the dates for your property using the Bin and Clean Up Collection map.
Goods must be placed out by the Sunday night before the designated collection week, but no sooner than the weekend prior to collection (or a fine for illegal dumping may be incurred)
Each household is limited to 1.5 cubic meters of material or one box trailer load per collection.
Items are to be presented neatly and must be contained in bags or boxes. Carpet, linoleum, and other rolled materials need be tied and bundled. Loose items or rubbish strewn on nature strips will not be collected
Items must be no longer than 2 meters and able to be lifted by two people
Collection of goods will commence within the zone on the Monday and may take until the Friday of the designated week to be completed.
Three different trucks will operate during collection week, items are to be stacked in neat piles separated into:
general household waste
- Broken or unwanted furniture
- Carpet and linoleum (rolled and tied with any tacks facing inwards)
- Metal / whitegoods (doors removed) / small household appliances
- Fence palings bundled and tied (excluding posts – remove any nails)
- General household rubbish
- Tins (emptied)
- Plastic containers
- Roof guttering
- Hot water systems (provided two people can lift it)
- nothing with spikes such as rosebushes, bougainvillea, some palm species
- no more than 2m in length
- MUST be bundled and tied - items not tied will not be taken
- Some building materials as a result of small domestic renovations only including:
- vanity units
- kitchen cabinets
Council will not accept:
- Televisions and computers. See the Television and Computer Collection Service page for more information.
- Engine blocks
- Car bodies
- Paint / Chemicals / Solvents / Batteries. See the Household Chemical CleanOut page for more information.
- Decaying matter
- Trade waste
- Car tyres
- Glass items such as mirrors, shower screens, old windows / window panes
- Gas bottles
- Dirt / sand / stones
- Commercial / trade quantities of building and demolition material
- Large commercial quantities or multiple boxes of tiles, stacks of fibro sheeting or demolition material
If you have reusable items to dispose of outside of your scheduled clean up week, then call The Bower Group for re-use referrals
Page Last Updated: 22 January 2014