Take the Waste Challenge
Come and visit the City of Ryde’s Waste stall on Rowe Street and ask a ‘waste expert’ any questions you have.
We invite you to participate in the Waste Challenge.
- Pick up your Waste Challenge card, follow the map to visit the five stalls/stops and answer some simple waste related questions.
- Return your completed card to the City of Ryde Waste stall to redeem a free reusable bag with either a reusable water bottle or coffee cup.
- Limit of 1 giveaway per person.
Take the challenge, have fun and join the war against waste!
Be Waste Wise
Here are some simple tips to help you be ‘Waste Wise’ at the Granny Smith Festival:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Think before you buy, reuse or recycle where you can.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle and refill for free at the water stations.
- Bring your own reusable bag. Say NO to plastics bags
- Bring your own reusable coffee cup. Say NO to single use cups.
- Only buy what you can eat to reduce food waste.
- Only take from stalls what you need and what you will use.
- Do not litter. Use the waste and recycling bins or take your rubbish with you.
- Visit the 5 for Ryde café and purchase a coffee in their reusable coffee mugs.
- Take the family to the Kids Zone and participate in the Race Against Time Recycling Game.
The City of Ryde also work with the food vendors to encourage the Granny Smith Festival to be a waste wise event. On the day City of Ryde staff will be conducting a waste audit of vendors. To help festival goers make the responsible decisions, Waste wise vendors will be given a waste wise certificate to display at their stall.
5 for Ryde Café
Visit the 5 for Ryde Café on West Parade and join the movement! 5 for ryde and Salvation Army have teamed up to provide a sustainable café where you will be able to grab a coffee in a ceramic mug. You can purchase the mug for a gold coin donation or return the mug to the café who will do the washing for you, ready to be used for the next coffee lover.