Heart and Move It in Ryde - Monday program
8 week gentle exercise program for seniors and retirees
24 April - 26 June 2017, on Mondays from 1.30 - 2.30 pm (arrive 1.15 pm).
The Heart and Move It program is an eight week, low-cost exercise program for seniors and retirees. Heart and Move It is a gentle exercise program with low to moderate intensity physical activity. It is designed to be safe for people with stable long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or obesity. This program is conducted indoors in a small group and includes 8 sessions delivered by an accredited and experienced Trainer.
The Heart and Move It program can help you reach your health goals:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol control
- Weight management
- Improved wellbeing and quality of life
- Improved diabetes management
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Improved sleep
- Improve bone mineral density with arthritis management
- Falls prevention
Advanced bookings essential. Places strictly limited. Late enrolments accepted.
Book Online or call 9952 8222.
- No class on 12 June due to public holiday. Program has been extended by one class (26 June) to allow for this.
- BYO water and water bottle.
- Clothing must be suitable for physical activity.
- Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip sole and suitable for physical activity. NO thongs, sandals or open toed shoes.
- Booking confirmation with program information and participation forms will be emailed or posted to registered participants in advance.
- Each participant will be provided with a free short one-on-one consultation pre-program.
The Heart and Move It program is for seniors and retirees at risk of chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and bone or joint problems. Any fitness level, even if you haven't been active in a while. For more information contact the Active Recreation Officer on 9952 8222.
This is an Active In Ryde program brought to you by the City of Ryde.
Date & Time
Monday 24 April 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 01 May 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 08 May 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 15 May 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 22 May 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 29 May 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 05 June 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 19 June 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Monday 26 June 2017 / 1.30PM - 2.30PM
Free come & try session 24 April then,
$40 for 8 week program (8 sessions). Please note: Payment required on 1 May and can be made via EFTPOS payment (saving or cheque account) OR via credit card (VISA, Mastercard and AMEX which will include a small merchant fee).
1 Devlin Street, Ryde 2114
1 Devlin Street,
Ryde New South Wales 2114
1 Devlin Street, Ryde 2114