Main Content Anchor
Volunteer Recognition Award Nomination Form
Conditions of Entry
The City of Ryde’s Volunteer Recognition Awards aim to acknowledge the less visible, unsung heroes in our City who have, through their creativity, initiative, personal time or attainments, made a positive contribution to enhancing and uplifting the lives of others within the City of Ryde community.
- Any business, industry, community group, family or individual actively involved in voluntarily servicing the City of Ryde (excluding those primarily involved in political and/or lobbying activities) during the past two years or more may be nominated.
- Previous award recipients are ineligible to be re-nominated.
- Young Volunteer Award nominees must be aged between 16-25 at the time of nomination.
- The majority of the nominees volunteering service needs to be contributed within the City of Ryde LGA
- It is not a requirement for nominees to reside in the city of Ryde LGA
- Group nominees must have their organisation based within the City of Ryde and provide their service primarily to the local community.
- Once three or more individual nominations are received for those volunteering within the same organisation/project, these nominations will then be considered as a group nomination.
This nomination form is designed to provide the judging panel with important information about the nominee. By addressing each question within this form you will assist the judges in recognising what the nominee/s has contributed to their organisation/community as well as how this individual/group stands out from the rest. Please include examples of the nominee’s work.
Each nominee will be judged on:
- Special or outstanding features of the their work
- The impact and benefit of their work
For example: the impact on the group, organisations and/or local area, and benefits to the community such as training others, or serving as an example to motivate others.
- Examples of how their work has displayed dedication above and beyond the norm
For example: the type of work (such as physically or mentally demanding or unpleasant work), the length of service, the number of hours per week, success in overcoming obstacles.
- The City of Ryde Volunteer Recognition Awards are conducted in addition to the Citizen of the Year and Young Citizen of the Year Awards presented on Australia Day.
- A separate nomination form for each group or individual is required. Three or more individual nominations received who volunteer for the one organisation will be regarded as a group nomination.
- Copies of supporting materials, no larger than A4, may be submitted, but must be attached to the official Nomination Form. Film, posters and recorded information will not be accepted.
- The City of Ryde Volunteer Recognition Awards Selection Committee may request copies of additional information on the nominee.
- Nomination Forms and supporting documents will become the property of the City of Ryde and information submitted may be used for publicity purposes.
- Nominees and winners for the Awards will be presented at the Volunteer Recognition Awards evening to be held in May 2017
- The City of Ryde Volunteer Recognition Awards Selection Committee will include:
- The Mayor of the City of Ryde
- The General Manager of the City of Ryde
- Senior Coordinator Community Services of the City of Ryde
- Community member, nominated by the Manager Communications, Customer Service & Events
- The decisions of the City of Ryde Volunteer Recognition Awards Selection Committee are final and no correspondence on the decision will be entered into.
Volunteer History of Nominee
The following questions may need to be discussed with the nominee
Type the characters you see in the picture below. *
In completing this form you will be prompted to supply information that is personal information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. The supply of this information is voluntary. If you cannot provide, or do not wish to provide the information sought, the Council may be unable to process your nomination form. Council is required under the Act to inform you about how your personal information is being collected and used. If you require further information please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222 and ask for an information sheet to be forwarded to you.
Last updated on 23 January 2017