Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is a free delivery service provided to those who are unable to get to the library due to illness or disability. This service is for City of Ryde and Hunters Hill residents.
The service is available, upon referral, to the following people:
- Frail aged
- People with disabilities who find it hard to get to the library either assisted or unassisted
- Carers of people unable to get to the library in normal open hours
- Children of housebound people unable to get to the library in normal open hours
- Older people with transport difficulties
- Institutional memberships - Nursing Homes, Retirement Villages, Private Hospitals, Respite/Day Centres, Senior Citizens Centres, etc.
The referral needs to state the reason for requesting the service and can be made by any of the following:
- Medical staff: i.e. Doctor, Home Nurse, Specialist, etc.
- Community staff: Community Aid Worker, Home Help Coordinator, Vision Australia staff, Respite Care staff, etc.
The types of resources we offer are:
Books (standard and large print)
Audio books on CD, Cassette or MP3
Music on CD.
Deliveries are made monthly, generally on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Please direct any questions to the Home Library Officer on 9952 8365 or email@example.com
Page Last Updated: 22 July 2011