Free wireless internet access is available at all five libraries. You can connect through your laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- View the available network connections on your laptop or other device.
- Select ‘City of Ryde Library’
- Read and accept the conditions of use
Internet and Email through Library Computers
Internet facilities are available at all the Ryde libraries and are completely free of charge. You are welcome to use the internet for both recreation and research purposes and all you require is a valid Library card. Access can be made available, within specific guidelines, for non-registered visitors. This access is always at the Librarian's discretion.
Access has been removed for certain restricted sites. This includes all adult-oriented sites, gaming, newsgroups, chat rooms, and sites deemed offensive by the Australian Film and Classification Board. Every now and then a site may get past the filters set in place, so we welcome your vigilance in directing us to these instances.
Bookings for the computers are highly recommended and can be made up to one week in advance. You can book a computer for up to two hours per day. You can book in person or by phone by contacting the relevant Library. A quick access computer is available for 30 minute intervals and cannot be booked in advance.
Meeting rooms are available at Ryde Library and West Ryde Library.
Library members are welcome to use the meeting rooms for group study purposes and not-for-profit meetings. The rooms may not be used for private tutoring purposes.
Priority is given to groups and activities that are compatible with and complementary to the library’s role and objectives. Eligibility includes:
- Student study groups.
- Local resident community groups / organisations conducting meetings.
- Local resident community groups / organisations conducting educational, civic or cultural programs such as information seminars, training workshops, etc.
The rooms are available for use during library opening hours. See opening hours for Ryde Library and West Ryde Library.
There is no charge to book and use the meeting rooms, however a current library membership card is required. At least one member of any group using a meeting room must be a current library member.
- The final booking each day must end no later than 10 minutes before closing time.
- Each booking is for a maximum of two hours and only one session per group or per group member per day.
- Bookings may be made up to one week in advance.
- Bookings are held for up to a maximum of 10 minutes after the scheduled start time, after which the booking may be cancelled and the room made available for other library members to use.
- For safety reasons, children under 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Meeting rooms must be left in a clean condition. All rubbish is to be placed in bins provided.
- Any damage to the room is payable by the group.
- Rooms are not sound-proof. All users are requested to keep noise to an acceptable level.
If these conditions are not adhered to, use of the meeting rooms may be withdrawn.
Photocopying and Printing
Photocopying and printing facilities are available at all Ryde libraries.
Your Ryde Library Service membership card is required for photocopying as there are no coin operated photocopiers. Credit can be added to your Library card through machines located near the photocopiers. Copying charges are automatically debited from the stored value on your card.
For printing costs, see the Library Fees and Charges page.
Scanning facilities are available at all Ryde libraries. Scans can be made in colour and saved onto a USB drive. Instructions for use are available on the scanners.
Bookings need to be made on the computer with the scanner. You can book up to 1 hour at a time, for a maximum 2 hours per day.
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
All PCs have Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010 and Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 and are available at all Ryde libraries. Information may be saved using a USB device.