Reporting Hazards and Accidents
Road and path conditions vary over time. If you see a problem or hazard for bicycles, please report it to the Council who will investigate and
wherever possible arrange to fix the problem.
Phone Council's Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222, or
If there is a problem on a main road or motorway you can report it to the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) by phoning 131 700.
When reporting a hazard you must locate and identify it. The following may help prompt you of the information you should remember:
1. Remember the exact location of hazard
- Road/street/cycleway name, suburb
- On road, road shoulder/cycle lane, cycle path, footpath
- Precise location (e.g house number, intersecting road, distance from point of reference)
- Side of road/path (e.g. west side or travelling north)
2. Remember the type of hazard or defect
- Damaged surface, debris on surface, roadside or pathside problems, drainage, service cover or access point.
Page Last Updated: 11 July 2011