The City of Ryde Event Planning Guide provides information that will help you plan and hold an event within the City of Ryde.
Whether you are holding a large outdoor festival for the whole community or a smaller indoor activity for a specific audience, there are some basic steps that will help ensure your event is a success.
The guide covers:
- What to consider before you begin planning an event
- Things you need to address when planning your event
- Checklists and other sample documentation
- Information on approvals, permits, public liability insurance and other requirements
- How to evaluate and measure the success of the event (coming soon)
Remember, an event organiser needs to be aware of any current and applicable statutes, regulations, by-laws, approved and associated codes of practice relating to the event or its individual elements and to take appropriate action. This guide is intended to direct you towards the various sources of assistance and contacts, however it remains the Event Organiser's responsibility to seek additional information where required and to ensure that all approvals have been obtained.
The Event Planning Guide
- Before You Begin
- Planning Essentials
- Budget and Funding
- Approvals and Notifications
- Choosing a Venue
- Equipment and Facilities
- Entertainment and Activities
- Safety and Security
- Traffic, Parking and Accessibility
For more information or assistance on organising a community event in the City of Ryde, contact Council's Event Team on 9952 8222.