Wet Weather Procedures
To find out if the sportsgrounds are closed due to wet weather, please call the Council's Wet Weather Information Line on 9952 8244.
The procedure for closing sportsgrounds because of wet weather is outlined below:
Weekday play and afternoon/evening training and games
- In the event of rain, the Wet Weather information line will be updated weekdays by 9am.
- If the allocated sportsgrounds are closed for day sports, a decision by Council Officers will be made by 2.30pm as to whether the sportsgrounds will be reopened for afternoon and evening training.
Winter weekend competition
- Council will make a decision for sportsgrounds availability on Friday by 2.30pm.
- If individual sportsgrounds and/or either all sportsgrounds are closed on Saturday and Sunday due to ongoing wet weather conditions or unsuitable oval conditions, the decision will be final.
Summer weekend competition
- In the event of Friday night or weekend rain, the closure of concrete and synthetic cricket wickets will be at the Association's or Club's own discretion.
- For sportsgrounds with turf cricket wickets, clubs are requested to contact Council and a decision will be made by 3pm on the Friday for games on Saturday / Sunday / Public Holidays.
- All other sportsgrounds (i.e. athletics, baseball) will be at the association's or club's own discretion.
Page Last Updated: 24 May 2013