Main Content Anchor
Be part of your Community - Shop Local Campaign!
The ‘shop local’ campaign is a pilot project inspired by consultation and research with the local business community and other stakeholders during 2017. The Shop Local Campaign is designed to complement the Shop Shapers Program developed by the City Activation Team.
The Shop Local campaign is designed to enthuse the local community in supporting their local small/medium enterprises (SMEs).
The benefits of shopping at your local small businesses include:
- Convenience & Savings - Shopping locally can save you time and money.
- Personal Service - You will experience enhanced customer service & customer care.
- Better Variety - You will enjoy and experience more unique or boutique style businesses in your neighbourhood.
- Support community - Your local small businesses typically support the local community e.g. .local schools, sports clubs etc.
- Improve your local economy - When you shop local, the majority of the money stays in your community.
- Job Creation - Your local small businesses are typically big employers of local residents in your community.
Learn about some fantastic local businesses in the City of Ryde:
Taffas mitre 10 | west ryde
urban fresh | putney
Petals of Putney | Putney
Be part of the shop local campaiGn!
Council is seeking businesses who may wish to be part of the shop local campaign in the future. You can nominate your own business or a valued local small business in your community.
As a business the criteria for being part of the shop local campaign are:
- The businesses goods and services are in competition with large shopping centres/chain stores;
- The business shopfront and/or shop is visually pleasing;
- The owners live in the local area or the business has been in the local area for at least 2 years;
- The business supports the local community for example local schools or sporting clubs; and
- The business has at least a basic web or digital presence.
Last updated on 14 September 2018