Food businesses wishing to sell food at temporary events such as fairs, festival, markets and shows are considered retail food businesses as they sell food to the public.
Temporary food stalls need to ensure the stall is:
- Located in a dust free area
- Away from toilets and garbage bins
- Supplied with sufficient potable water
- Is suitably constructed (ie. floor, walls and ceiling)
- Fitted with food handling facilities for storage, cooking, hot/cold holding, preparation and serving, including hand washing facilities.
Find out more by reading NSW Food Authority's Guidelines for Food Businesses at Temporary Events.
Temporary food stalls need to practice safe food handling and preparation to meet the same food safety requirement as other retail food businesses.
- Notifying City of Ryde of their business and food activity details
- Appointing a Food Safety Supervisor (exemption applies to charity and community groups)
- Meeting the requirements of the Food Standards Code.
If you would like to sell food from a temporary food stall in the Ryde area, call Council on 9952 8222, visit our Events Listing to find out what events are running in the City of Ryde or sign up to our stallholder database.