Main Content Anchor
Bunnings Gladesville Development
Work is commencing in Gladesville on the Bunnings development site for the approved development at 461-495 Victoria Road, Gladesville.
THE DEVELOPMENT SITE
Development Application LDA 2015/214 was approved by the Former Joint Regional Planning Panel on 28 October 2015. Since then the application has been modified a number of times as the project has refined and the developer has further reviewed the proposal against other Bunnings stores in Sydney.
The approved development(as amended) is for:
Demolition of existing structures, bulk earthworks and construction and fitout of a Bunnings Warehouse; construction of a bulky goods Homemakers Centre comprising two tenancies (no fitout proposed); and construction of a child care centre for up to 90 children (no fitout or operational details proposed). Proposal includes two levels of car parking containing 758 parking spaces, vehicular access from Frank Street and Victoria Road, temporary vehicular access from College Street, road works in Frank Street, College Street and Victoria Road, trial closure of College Street, removal of trees landscaping works, stratum subdivision and signage.
The Approved Stages
- Staged Demolition and Bulk Earth Works including:
- Commencement of the full closure of College Street Trial
- Stage 1 Construction of Bunnings Warehouse and Access Arrangements including:
- Widening of Frank Street for a length of approx. 50m from Victoria Road
- Stage 2 Construction of Bulky Goods Tenancies (South) and Access Arrangements including:
- Construction of the fourth leg of the Victoria Road/Tennyson Road intersection including the ramp and the vehicular access way linking to Parking Level 2 under the Bunnings Warehouse.
- Stage 3 Construction of Bulky Goods Tenancies (North) and Finalisation of all Access Arrangements and construction of child care centre ‘shell’.
The demolition and bulk earthworks in the area of Stage 1 has now commenced, with Stage 1 of the development soon to follow once the pre-Construction Certificate conditions have been met.
the approved landscape plan showing different stages of the development
Bunnings Group is in current negotiations with a building company to construct and deliver the development at Gladesville.
In the interim, an emergency contact is provided – being Bunnings' Senior Property Manager, Robert Bailey on 9846 7263.
Last updated on 23 November 2018