Home and Community Care (HACC) services help the frail aged and people with a disability to continue to live safely in their own home rather than moving into a nursing home or other supported accommodation. HACC also supports carers by providing assistance with care tasks and respite services.
Why Might I Need a HACC Service?
- If doing daily tasks, such as housework and looking after yourself, is becoming difficult
- If you are a person with a disability and need support services to assist you to continue to live independently
- If you care for a frail aged person or a person with a disability, and need some help in looking after them
- If you are a frail older person or a person with a disability, you may need services to assist you after a recent illness or accident.
Available services include:
- Domestic Assistance, including help with personal care, linen service, gardening, shopping
- Community Transport
- Food services, including home delivered meals and meals provided at centres
- Respite Care, to enable carers to take a break
- Social Support, including home visits and support groups.
Some services are free, others are charged at varying rates.
Seniors and Care Guide
View the Seniors & Care Guide online. Get the latest on:
- Home Care & Support Carer Information
- Community Volunteering
- Retirement Villages & Aged Care Facilities
How Do I Get Help?
Contact Yourside on 1300 134 332 or visit the Yourside website.
All HACC services covering the Ryde Hunters Hill area are provided in a brochure for download. Follow the link above, scroll down the page to the Ryde Hunters Hill listings and you will find brochures in English, Dari, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Serbian and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
HACC is a joint Commonwealth and State/Territory program providing funding and assistance for Australians in need.