Main Content Anchor
Emerging Civic Leaders
The next program will run in the second half of 2020. Applications will open in June 2020.
Shape your world or someone else will. Emerging Civic Leaders is a program for young people that care about seeing the voices of their generation represented when it comes to the future of our community.
Emerging Civic Leaders is an online course designed to supercharge your knowledge, skills and leadership experience. Working alongside a small group of other young leaders from Ryde, you’ll put lessons learned via the course into action to design and deliver a Pledge to Vote campaign in Ryde.
Through the Pledge to Vote campaign, your team will strive to increase youth voter participation in our community and consult your peers on the top issues they’d like to see action on. You will present the outcomes of your campaign to local decision makers and lead a discussion on what can be done to take action on these issues.
Each successful applicant will get their own login to the digital course and bonus resources, covering topics from problem solving and creative thinking to communications and high impact leadership. This course is brought to you by City of Ryde and Y Vote.
Who we’re looking for
- You care about the future of our community and making young voices heard
- You'd like to develop your civic knowledge, practical skills and leadership experience
- You’re interested in working in a team to take action and produce results for our community
- You’re aged 18-24 and either live, work or study in Ryde.
This is a fully funded opportunity. Up to ten places on the course are sponsored by City of Ryde Council.
- 2 x half day workshops
- 8 x weekly meetings of 2 hour length
- Activation (time depends on campaign developed by the group)
To find out more about the next course contact the Community Development Officer Children Youth and Families on 9952 8312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 20 April 2020