Applications for the 2019/20 City of Ryde Youth Ambassador Program closed on on Sunday 14 July 2019.
Articles written by our Youth Ambassadors
About the Program
Are you aged between 12 and 24 years old and enjoy public speaking, meeting new people, helping your community and would like to represent the youth of City of Ryde? Then the City of Ryde Youth Ambassador Program is for you!
Six young people are selected to serve as Youth Ambassadors for a period of 12 months.
The Youth Ambassadors must be residents of City of Ryde and aged between 12 and 24 years.
The Youth Ambassadors will be given the opportunity to represent the youth of our City by way of public speaking at events such as citizenship ceremonies and civic receptions, the opportunity to meet high-profile individuals at special events and to represent City of Ryde at the 2019 NSW Youth Council Conference.
The program is a fun way to learn new skills, meet new people and gain invaluable experience outside of formal education and employment environments.
- Aged between 12 and 24 years of age
- Live, work, study or play in the City of Ryde local government area
- Have a sound knowledge of, and interest in, the City of Ryde.
- Achievements in the community
- Commitment to City of Ryde
- Vision for the City of Ryde
- Able to speak publicly
- Speaker of community language/s
- Speech-writing experience
How to apply
Applications closed on 14 July 2019.
Need more encouragement to join the program? 2018/19 Ryde Youth Ambassadors share reasons why you should sign up.
Hear from Cosmin
Hear from Sophie