Advice about severe weather affecting our City
Published on 09 February 2020
The severe weather is resulting in major flooding, fallen powerlines and other issues across our City.
Our community is advised of the following:
- Call 000 for life-threatening emergencies.
- For emergency help in floods and storms, please call NSW SES on 132 500. NSW SES is advising people not to drive through floodwaters and to maintain a distance of 8 metres from any fallen powerlines.
- In case of power failure, fallen powerlines or electrical problems, please contact Ausgrid.
- For the latest information on traffic incidents and flooding on roads, visit the Live Traffic NSW website.
- For any Council-related queries, including stormwater issues, please call our Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222 between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday (10.00am and 5.00pm on the second Thursday of each month). Outside of these hours, calls will divert to our After Hours service. For non-urgent reports, you can report online.
- Visit our Sportsground Status page to get the latest information on sportsground closures.
- Due to a large volume of requests for Council assistance with fallen trees and branches, customers may experience delays in service. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Book our free chipping and mulching service to put fallen branches to good use in your garden.
- Visit the Transport for NSW website for updates on public transport.
- View our Storm Safe page for more tips and advice.
- Visit our Resilient Ryde page for more resources and tips to help make your household and neighbourhood more resilient to unforeseen events.
Support for our community affected by power cuts
If your phone is in need of charging, we loan portable charging power banks to our Library members for in-library use. There are also power points throughout our libraries that people are free to use.
We also offer use of our showers and change room facilities to our Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre customers for a spectator fee of $3.30 per person. Children under 5 years and eligible City of Ryde Pension Card holders are entitled to free access.