Apply Now for a Community Grant
Published on 21 December 2017
Locally based, not-for-profit community groups, clubs and organisations are invited to apply for a 2018 City of Ryde Community Grant.
These annual grants are one of the ways Council supports a diversity of community groups to grow, prosper or carry out special projects that contribute to community wellbeing and a vibrant, diverse community culture.
New Grant Categories
The revamped format offers new categories provide better opportunities for applicants to identify a grant that best suits their objectives. There are six new categories offering grants ranging from $2,000 up to $5,000.
These categories are:
- Seniors Grant (up to $2,000) - this category is for local seniors groups to enhance existing programs or encourage new activities.
- Capacity Building Grant | 3 sub categories (up to $3,500) - this category is for all groups to help boost organisation growth potential and realise its vision. There are three sub-categories covering Events, Emerging/Small Groups and a General section which includes Arts and Culture.
- Sports and Recreation Grant (up to $3,500) - for local sporting and recreation groups to develop activities that increase the opportunity for participation in sports, recreation and physical activity.
- Community Projects Grant (up to $5,000) - these grants will support special projects aim at working towards building a cohesive and connected community, based on inclusion, enhancing community well-being and cultural growth.
- Social Support Grant (up to $10,000) - this is a new grant for local groups and organisations to provide programs such as information and referral, food subsidies, financial counselling, financial assistance and reducing social isolation to improve the life and living conditions for vulnerable people in the community.
For more information on the Community Grants, download the following Guidelines and Policy.
Applications close on Friday, 16 February 2018.