COVID-19 Service Update - Waste Collections
Published on 19 July 2021
Based on COVID-19 restrictions, the City of Ryde will pause non-essential waste collection activities while the current stay-at-home orders are in effect.
During the pause, contactless kerbside services will still be operational, but all other waste services will not be available.
Waste collection services that will continue are:
- Garbage collection
- Recycling collection
- Garden organics collection
- Pre-Booked Household collection (Essential bookings only)
- Television and Computer collection (Essential bookings only)
- Chipping and mulching service
The following services will not be operational during the pause:
- Clothing bins
- Community Recycling Centre
- Problem Waste Drop-off Stations
- Second Hand Garage Sale
- The Bower Collection and Rehoming Service
- Compost Bin and Worm Farm deliveries
More information is available in the Environment and Waste section.
For further service updates, visit the COVID-19 hub.