Kings Park opens to the public
Published on 18 September 2020
The new Kings Park in Denistone East has opened to the public providing the community with a brand new state-of-the-art open space.
Located at the site of the former Denistone East Bowling Club, Kings Park features a range of facilities and attractions that cater for people of all ages.
The key features of Kings Park include:
- A neighbourhood playground with shade sail and custom-made play features
- Multi-purpose hard court for basketball, futsal and pickleball
- Walking paths and seating
- A large sheltered area providing a space for small gatherings
- Passive relaxation areas for picnics and other outdoor activities
- Extensive landscaping and new tree plantings
- Accessible toilet.
The design and facilities at Kings Park were based on the feedback Council received from the community during the consultation that started in late 2016 and into 2018.
City of Ryde Mayor, Clr Jerome Laxale, said Kings Park was a wonderful addition to the community.
“Residents have been saying that they want new and modern parks, playgrounds and open spaces that cater for a diverse range of interests, and I am delighted to say that Kings Park delivers that and more,” Clr Laxale said.
“With the opening of Kings Park and the recent endorsement of the Blenheim Park masterplan, I can assure everyone that this Council is committed to investing in open space and boosting our local economy through the construction of public infrastructure.”