Pay your rates with direct debit
Published on 11 July 2019
The City of Ryde is making it easier for you to pay your rates, with a new direct debit option now available.
The new option allows for all ratepayers to have their rates direct debited from a nominated cheque or savings account.
Each direct debit would occur on a quarterly basis and in line with the rates instalment. To complete the online form visit our Direct debits page.
To access the direct debit option, an online form must be completed and a bank account nominated.
The new payment option is part of the City of Ryde's efforts to provide ratepayers with more ways in which they can pay their rates.
In addition to the direct debit option, Council also recently introduced BPAY payments for sundry debtors.
The full list of options offered by Council for rate payments is as follows:
- Direct debit: Sign up now at www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/directdebits
- Internet banking: Either through BPAY (Biller Code 5330) or by visiting Council's website and clicking on 'Make a Payment'
- Phone: BPAY (Biller Code 5330) or credit card payments (MasterCard and Visa only)
- In person: Present your rates notice at any City of Ryde outlet or Australia Post outlet and you will be have the option of paying with cash, cheque or EFTPOS
- Mail: Send your cheque or money order payable to the City of Ryde to City of Ryde, Locked Bag 2069, North Ryde NSW 1670.
The City of Ryde sends out rates notices in January, April, July and October either by post or electronically. Those who would like to receive their rates notice electronically are required to register on our Switch to email notification page.