Ryde's Youth Council Conference To Make IT Happen
Published on 31 January 2017
The Ryde Youth Council will host a ‘technology inspired’ NSW Youth Council Conference at Macquarie University from Friday 22 to Sunday 24 September 2017.
The conference is being held with the support of City of Ryde Council and Macquarie University and will feature workshops and presentations designed to inspire attendees. It is hoped that attendees from across the State will use the information gained about engagement and technology to make a difference in their communities.
The conference program will feature:
- Exciting and high profile speakers
- A panel of politicians discussing relevant issues
- Engaging workshops and activities
- Visits to the campuses of top tech company
- Evening entertainment, including a disco boat night cruise
- The chance to share the accomplishments of other Youth Committees
- Networking and social opportunities.
Make IT Happen/YCC 2017 will be the largest youth-run conference in the State. Youth Council and youth organisation representatives from as far away as Albury, Byron Bay and the Snowy Mountains will attend.
The Ryde Young Citizen of The Year, Krystle-Jane Ng, who is a member of the Ryde Youth Council said: “Along with all the serious talk, there will be plenty of opportunity for fun and ice breaking activities which will establish an environment to help the ideas flow.”
To be part of a group which will generate new ideas and build a better future, enrol now. For details go to http://bit.do/NSWYCC17 or visit www.ryde.nsw.gov.au/makeithappen