Applications for the Our Common Ground 2022 Autumn Program are now open. Complete and lodge an expression of interest to receive your information pack and application form.
Five successful groups of neighbours will be establishing and maintaining a food garden and sharing the produce in the autumn of 2022 on the ground of their apartment complex.
Each group will receive horticultural training from Toni “the Veggie Lady” Salter and gardening material to establish a shared vegetable garden bed in their apartment complex. The program will include onsite training, webinars, growing notes, composting and worm farming equipment and material to establish a small vegetable garden. Successful groups will also receive sustainable living knowledge and support on waste, energy and water and the opportunity to receive sustainable living assessments of their homes and complexes.
If you’d like an idea of what this program entails, read our case studies from the 2019 program.
Lodge your application form to be considered for Our Common Ground to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 7 November 2021.
Key program dates
- Expression of interest close – 31 October 2021
- Applications close – 7 November 2021
- Short list and site inspections completed – 26 November 2021
- Successful groups notified – 1 December 2021
- Online training opens – 20 January 2022
- Meet and greet – Thursday 4 February 2022
- Garden construction (full day) – February 2022
- Expressions of interest – allowing us to send you an application kit and allocate a council officer to support you through the application process.
- Application – site selection, gaining the support of your neighbours and your body corporation
- Site inspection
- Announcement of successful applicants