Temporary changes have been made to our Chipping and Mulching Service, which will affect upcoming bookings.
During this time, to ensure the health and safety of our community, the mulch being returned is being fully pasteurised. However, mulch is limited and as a result you will receive between one and three bags of mulch per booking.
Council appreciates your understanding regarding this matter and apologises for any inconvenience cause.
Council offers a free chipping and mulching service for local residents. We will come to you and your pruned branches will be chipped and bagged at your nature strip and returned to you to use as mulch in your garden.
Why take advantage of the Chipping and Mulching Service?
- It’s free
- Mulch stops the top of the soil drying out and conserves water
- Mulching also prevents weeds and weed seed germination
- Mulching also keeps the soil temperature constant
- Using an organic mulch means you’re adding extra organic matter to the soil. So that's an added benefit.
When is it available?
- Maximum of six services per year per residence
- There must be a 3 - 4 week break between your chipping and mulching services
- Bookings essential
What to do
Please Note: All trees over 5 metres need Council approval before being trimmed. See our Trees page for further details.