e-waste is temporarily unavailable until further notice. Please check back on this page for further updates.
Jump to: What can you drop off? - Storing and Transporting your Wastes - Why use the CRC? - More Information
The Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is currently open with a COVIDSAFE plan in place to allow physical distancing and limit the number of people dropping off items simultaneously.
To ensure the safety of staff, residents and members of the community, please be aware of the following measures in place:
- All CRC customers are to remain in their vehicles until directed to enter the drop-off area by a staff member.
- Only enter when the boom gate is lifted for your car by a staff member. Please drive in slowly as cars may be queued in the driveway.
- All CRC customers are required to self-unload their items without any assistance from staff. Customers should bring someone along to assist if required.
- All CRC customers must maintain physical distancing when unloading and depositing items in the respective cages.
At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drive through and drop off household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins. This is a free service.
The CRC is located at 8 Waltham Road, Artarmon (View Google Map)
Opening hours (no bookings required):
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8am - 2pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 4pm
What can you drop off?
You can drop off the following items for FREE:
- Paint (oil and water based) (max limit of 20 litres of paint in containers no larger than 20 litres each - eg. 2 x 10-litre cans OR 1 x 20-litre can OR 5 x 4-litre cans - per customer per drop off)
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes
- Electronic waste (eg. computers, TVs, electrical equipment and small electrical appliances); white goods are not accepted
- Household batteries
- Lead acid batteries (eg. car & motorbike batteries)
- Motor and other oils (including cooking oil) (max limit of 20 litres of oil in containers no larger than 20 litres each - eg. 2 x 10-litre cans OR 1 x 20-litre can OR 5 x 4-litre cans - per customer per drop off)
- Smoke detectors
- Mobile phones
- Printer cartridges (Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, Roland, Samsung, Sharp and Toshiba brands only)
- X-ray films (max limit of 20kg per customer per drop off).
Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. This is equivalent to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the items listed above.
Household chemicals such as household cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals will not be accepted at the CRC. These items must be taken to a Household Chemical CleanOut event. To find your closest event, visit www.cleanout.com.au.
Storing and Transporting your Wastes
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
To help prevent delays please ensure your materials are free from excess packaging i.e. plastics wrap, bags, cardboard packaging and plastic covers.
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- helping improve recycling rates, and
- saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
City of Ryde, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, North Sydney and Willoughby Councils are pleased to have joined together with assistance from the NSW EPA to reduce and manage Household Problem Waste by establishing our new Community Recycling Centre (CRC).
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy. Visit www.epa.nsw.gov.au/recyclingcentres for more information.
Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre
Got unwanted paint? Take it to the Community Recycling Centre
Last updated on 6 April 2021