Granny Smith Festival Parade Competition
Entries are CLOSED for the Granny Smith Festival Parade Competition.
To celebrate the return of the Granny Smith Festival Parade, City of Ryde is offering up to five groups the chance to win up to $500 to put towards parade decorations.
This is to help and assist parade groups to increase with their vibrant colours and props to make for a more engaging parade.
The winner/s will receive a reimbursement for up to $500 (including GST), once their approved receipts have been sent through to email@example.com.
Council is prepared to put in money towards parade props and items to help enhance the group's parade performance. However, reimbursements will only be approved for below items.
If a selected group wants to purchase an item that is not on the list below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchasing to seek approval.
Listed approved items include:
- Any granny smith apple related product or clothing*
- Props that will be used in the parade related to your group / organisation / Granny Smith Festival
- Materials (such as paint, cardboard, glue etc) to make props related to your group / organisation / Granny Smith Festival
- Accessories to add onto a vehicle for the parade (if group has a vehicle in the parade)
*Please note that we will not provide reimbursement for clothing that is not granny smith related. For example, it must have green apples, Granny face, apple tree, GSF or Granny Smith Festival displayed on clothing.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- This competition is only open to organisations who reside in Sydney Metro Area, Australia only.
- Limit of 1 entry per organisation
- City of Ryde staff members, Councillors and their families and any promotional partners are not able to enter the competition.
- By entering in the competition field in the parade application form, is automatic acceptance of the Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be submitted by Sunday 7th August 2022, entries submitted after this date will not be eligible
- If the event organiser is unable to contact the winning organisation/s within 7 days, the next runners up will receive the prize.
- Entries will be judged by examples of what the applicant anticipates they would buy to enhance their parade performance.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries will be considered with equal weighting.
- The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Selected groups will purchase items on the approved ‘item’s list’ and once all items have been purchased send a copy of all invoices to email@example.com to be issued a reimbursement.
- If a selected group purchase an item not on the approved item list, and have not obtain approval from a City of Ryde events team member prior to purchasing, it is up to the discretion of the City of Ryde events team member as to whether a reimbursement for that item will be issued.
- Payment will be issued at 30 days from when the Purchase Order has been sent back to the selected group (as per Council’s Payment Terms).
- Under no circumstance will Council reimburse more than $500.00 including GST to a selected group, even if their purchased items exceed $500.00.
- If a selected group send receipts amount that have a total value of under $500.00, then the exact total receipts amount will be reimbursed, eg. $496.00.
- The Prize is subject to any conditions imposed by the Promoter.
- Applicants agree that any photos taken on the day of the festival can be displayed through Council’s communication channels. No personal details will be uploaded; only the parade group name.
- The Promoter recognises that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.