Gentle exercise program for seniors and retirees
The Heart and Move It program is an eight week, low-cost exercise program for seniors and retirees. Heart and Move It is a gentle exercise program with low to moderate intensity physical activity. It is designed to be safe for people with stable long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or obesity. This program is conducted indoors in a small group and includes 9 sessions delivered by an accredited and experienced Trainer.
Heart and Move It can help you reach your health goals:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol control
- Weight management
- Improved wellbeing and quality of life
- Improved diabetes management
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Improved sleep
- Improve bone mineral density with arthritis management
- Falls prevention
Mondays, 1:30pm-2:30pm (arrive at 1.15pm), 18 July - 12 September 2022(once a week).
Seniors and retirees at risk of chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and bone or joint problems. Any fitness level, even if you haven’t been active in a while.
Free come & try session on the 18th July then $45 for 9 week program (9 sessions. Payment required from 26th July and can be made via
- EFTPOS payment (saving or cheque account) – at the program
- Credit card (VISA, Mastercard and AMEX which will include a small merchant fee) – at the program
- Credit Card Authorisation Form (to be requested)
- No cash payments accepted.
- BYO water and water bottle.
- Clothing must be suitable for physical activity.
- Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip sole and suitable for physical activity. NO thongs, sandals or open toed shoes.
Advanced bookings essential. Places strictly limited. Late enrolments accepted.
For those without internet access ph. 9952 8222.
This is an Active In Ryde program brought to you by the City of Ryde