Heart and Move It in Ryde - Monday Program
8 week gentle exercise program for seniors and retirees
10 February - 6 April 2020, on Mondays from 1.30pm - 2.30pm (arrive 1.15pm). Free come and try session 10 February 2020.
The Heart and Move It program is an eight week, low-cost exercise program for seniors and retirees. Heart and Move It is a gentle exercise program with low to moderate intensity physical activity. It is designed to be safe for people with stable long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or obesity. This program is conducted indoors in a small group and includes 8 sessions delivered by an accredited and experienced trainer.
The Heart and Move It program can help you reach your health goals:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol control
- Weight management
- Improved wellbeing and quality of life
- Improved diabetes management
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Improved sleep
- Improve bone mineral density with arthritis management
- Fall prevention.
Advanced bookings essential. Places strictly limited. Late enrolments accepted. Click on the Book Online button below or call 9952 8222.
- BYO water and water bottle.
- Clothing must be suitable for physical activity.
- Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip sole and suitable for physical activity. NO thongs, sandals or open toed shoes.
- Booking confirmation with program information and participation forms will be emailed or posted to registered participants in advance.
- Each participant will be provided with a free short one-on-one consultation pre-program.
The Heart and Move It program is for seniors and retirees at risk of chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and bone or joint problems. Any fitness level, even if you haven't been active in a while. For more information contact the Active Recreation Officer on 9952 8222.
This is an Active In Ryde program brought to you by the City of Ryde.
Date & Time
Monday 10 February 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 17 February 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 24 February 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 02 March 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 09 March 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 16 March 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 23 March 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 30 March 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Monday 06 April 2020 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Free trial session on 10 February.
$45 for the 8-week program (8 sessions).
Payment can be made in person at Council's Customer Service (1 Pope Street, Ryde) OR at the sessions from 17 February and must be received before end of the program.
EFTPOS payment accepted:
- debit (savings and cheque)
- credit card (VISA, Mastercard and AMEX, which will include a small merchant fee).
No cash payments accepted.
If you wish to know what happens to the personal information collected by Council when you register for one of our events, workshops or programs, please view Council's Privacy Statement.
1 Devlin Street, Ryde 2112
1 Devlin Street,
Ryde New South Wales 2112
1 Devlin Street, Ryde 2112