Heart and Move It in Ryde - Wednesday Program
Gentle exercise program for Seniors and Retirees
3 November - 8 December 2021, on Wednesdays from 1.30pm - 2.30pm (arrive at 1.15 pm). Free come and try session 3 November 2021. Social distancing procedures will be in place.
The Heart and Move It program is an eight week, low-cost exercise program for seniors and retirees. Heart and Move It is a gentle exercise program with low to moderate intensity physical activity. It is designed to be safe for people with stable long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or obesity. This program is conducted indoors in a small group and includes 8 sessions delivered by an accredited and experienced Trainer.
Heart and Move It can help you reach your health goals:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol control
- Weight management
- Improved wellbeing and quality of life
- Improved diabetes management
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Improved sleep
- Improve bone mineral density with arthritis management
- Falls prevention
Advanced bookings essential. Places strictly limited. Late enrolments accepted.
Click on the Book Online button below or call 9952 8222.
- BYO water and water bottle.
- Clothing must be suitable for physical activity.
- Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip sole and suitable for physical activity. NO thongs, sandals or open toed shoes.
Please ensure you bring your Covid 19 certificate to show proof you are fully vaccinated. All programs will follow in line with the NSW Public Health Order. City of Ryde Council & contractors will follow in line with the Covid Safety Plan in place.
The Heart and Move It program is for seniors and retirees at risk of chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and bone or joint problems. Any fitness level, even if you haven't been active in a while. For more information contact the Active Recreation Officer on 9952 8222.
This is an Active In Ryde program brought to you by the City of Ryde.
Date & Time
Wednesday 03 November 2021 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Wednesday 10 November 2021 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Wednesday 17 November 2021 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Wednesday 24 November 2021 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Wednesday 01 December 2021 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Wednesday 08 December 2021 / 1.15PM - 2.30PM
Cost: Free come and try session on 3rd November then $34 for a 6 week program (6 sessions). Payment required from 10th November 2021 and can be made via
• EFTPOS payment (saving or cheque account) – at the program
• Credit card (VISA, Mastercard and AMEX which will include a small merchant fee) – at the program
• Credit Card Authorisation Form (to be requested)
• Over the phone (direct contact 9952 8159)
• No cash payments accepted.
If you wish to know what happens to the personal information collected by Council when you register for one of our events, workshops or programs, please view Council's Privacy Statement.
North Ryde School of Arts Community Centre,
201 Coxs Road, North Ryde 2113
201 Coxs Road,
North Ryde New South Wales 2113
North Ryde School of Arts Community Centre
201 Coxs Road, North Ryde 2113