Heart and Move It in Ryde - Wednesday program
Gentle exercise program for seniors and retirees
19 July - 20 September 2017**, on Wednesdays from 11 am - 12 noon (arrive at 10.45 am)
The Heart and Move It program is an eight week, low-cost exercise program for seniors and retirees. Heart and Move It is a gentle exercise program with low to moderate intensity physical activity. It is designed to be safe for people with stable long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or obesity. This program is conducted indoors in a small group and includes 8 sessions delivered by an accredited and experienced Trainer.
The Heart and Move It program can help you reach your health goals:
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol control
- Weight management
- Improved wellbeing and quality of life
- Improved diabetes management
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Improved sleep
- Improve bone mineral density with arthritis management
- Falls prevention
Advanced bookings essential. Places strictly limited. Late enrolments accepted.
Book Online or call 9952 8222.
- **No class on Wednesday 26 July and Wednesday 9 August due to prior bookings on these dates. Because of this there will be no free week in this program in Term 3.
- BYO water and water bottle.
- Clothing must be suitable for physical activity.
- Footwear must be enclosed, non-slip sole and suitable for physical activity. NO thongs, sandals or open toed shoes.
- Booking confirmation with program information and participation forms will be emailed or posted to registered participants in advance.
- Each participant will be provided with a free short one-on-one consultation pre-program.
The Heart and Move It program is for seniors and retirees at risk of chronic health conditions like heart disease, diabetes and bone or joint problems. Any fitness level, even if you haven't been active in a while. For more information contact the Active Recreation Officer on 9952 8222.
This is an Active In Ryde program brought to you by the City of Ryde.
Date & Time
Wednesday 19 July 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
Wednesday 02 August 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
Wednesday 16 August 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
Wednesday 23 August 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
Wednesday 30 August 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
Wednesday 06 September 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
Wednesday 13 September 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
Wednesday 20 September 2017 / 11.00AM - 12.00PM
$40 for 8 week program (8 sessions) beginning on 19 July. Payment required on 19 July and can be made via EFTPOS payment (saving or cheque account) OR via credit card (VISA, Mastercard and AMEX which will include a small merchant fee).
1 Devlin St, Ryde 2112
1 Devlin St,
Ryde New South Wales 2112
1 Devlin St, Ryde 2112