Household Chemical CleanOut
Next date: Saturday, 25 March 2023 | 09:00 AM
to 03:30 PM
Don't throw household chemicals in the garbage, incinerator, down drains or sinks, down toilets or outside in the gully traps. They can harm your family and the environment.
Dispose of your old chemicals safely by taking them to one of the free Household Chemical CleanOut drop-off days. CleanOut drop-off days operate in different Council areas around Sydney throughout the year.
Open to everyone.
What can I take to a Household Chemical CleanOut event?
You can take household quantities of the following household chemicals and items – up to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms of a single item.
- Solvents and household cleaners
- Floor care products
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Pool chemicals
- Hobby chemicals
- Motor fuels
- Fluorescent globes and tubes
- Acids and alkalis
- Smoke detectors
- Paint and paint-related products
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Car and household batteries
- Motor oils and cooking oils
You can also drop off items with the following logos:
Note: Business-related and commercial quantities of chemicals are not accepted. Please inquire with a commercial waste operator or visit www.businessrecycling.com.au for commercial waste disposal.
Transporting your materials safely
Transporting your materials safely to a CleanOut collection is important. Here are some top tips for safe storage and transportation:
- Ensure containers are clearly labelled and well-sealed. If you don’t know the contents, label the container ‘UNKNOWN CHEMICAL’.
- Wherever possible keep all chemicals in their original containers.
- Never mix chemicals as this may produce dangerous reactions.
- Liquid can leak during transportation. Wrap old or damaged containers in newspaper, place in a sturdy plastic bag and then in a plastic container or tray.
- Keep household chemicals away from passengers e.g. in the boot.
- Note: due to safety considerations, chemical drop offs will only be permitted in motor vehicles. No walk in or bicycle drop offs will be permitted.
Find out More
For Further information on the Ryde Household CleanOut event or other CleanOut events, visit www.cleanout.com.au or call NSW EPA Environment Line on 131 555.
View the Flyer(PDF, 1MB)
Saturday, 25 March 2023 | 09:00 AM
- 03:30 PM
Meadowbank Park Netball Courts Car Park, Adelaide Street, Meadowbank, 2114, View Map