New and Settled Migrant Resource Workshops
Note: By registering for "Mondays with Soraya: New and Settled Migrant Resource Workshops" you are confirming your attendance to all five workshops. Workshops are held on 8 July, 12 August, 9 September, 14 October and 11 November from 6 pm - 8 pm.
Mondays with Soraya
Are you a migrant to Australia? Are you in need of some support to integrate into the Australian lifestyle/culture?
Mondays with Soraya are designed specifically for migrants seeking work, new opportunities, networks and ease of integration into the Australian lifestyle!
Soraya, a migrant herself, will conduct a series of workshops, each designed to deliver practical tips and information to help you and your family and/or friends to better integrate and be able to fully participate in your new-found home!
‘Step Up to Your Success’ is a customised five-step program designed to help you improve your image, get the job you want and fit into the Australian workplace and community.
8 July - Step up to get the job you want
- Applying for jobs – the three levels of an interview
- Interview skills behaviour
- The STAR method of an interview
12 August - Step up to create your positive image
- Why first impressions are important in meeting and building relationships
- Appropriate business attire and business casual
- Grooming essentials: skincare, hygiene, clothing care and makeup
9 September - Step up to improve your business and social skills at work
- The power of soft skills in every situation
- Techno-etiquette: emails, mobiles and social media
- How to act and react to difficult situations
- Power of language with questions
14 October - Step up to your networking and entertaining skills
- The various aspects of networking – brand, behavior, visual presence
- Effective networking tips – listening
- Follow-up procedures and maintaining connections
- The art of dining in social environment
11 November - Step up to being part of the Australian culture
- Understanding the unique Australian culture and humour
- Starting conversations with appropriate subjects: sport, current affairs and news
- The benefits of volunteering in the community
Date & Time
Monday 08 July 2019 / 6.00PM - 8.00PM
Monday 12 August 2019 / 6.00PM - 8.00PM
Monday 09 September 2019 / 6.00PM - 8.00PM
Monday 14 October 2019 / 6.00PM - 8.00PM
Monday 11 November 2019 / 6.00PM - 8.00PM
Free. Bookings essential.
If you wish to know what happens to the personal information collected by Council when you register for one of our events, workshops or programs, please view Council's Privacy Statement.
Top Ryde Library - Wallumutta Room,
1a Pope Street, Ryde 2112
1a Pope Street,
Ryde New South Wales 2112
Top Ryde Library - Wallumutta Room
1a Pope Street, Ryde 2112