Main Content Anchor
The City of Ryde holds an annual Park Series featuring popular movies. In 2019, we are adding a new event to our Park Series calendar. Orchestra in the Park will be held at the historic Brush Farm House.
Cinema in the Park series
- Entry is Free
- Bring your own low chair, beanbag or picnic rug
- There will be food trucks on site
- All venues are smoke free
- All venues are wheelchair accessible
- All movies include subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Street parking is available
- For train and bus times, contact the Transport Infoline on 131 500 or visit www.transportnsw.info
Orchestra in the Park
- Entry is Free
- The venue smoke free
- The venue is wheelchair accessible
- As there will be a licensed bar on site, no alcohol can be brought to the site
Saturday 30 March
Brush Farm House, Lawson Street, Eastwood
Join us at the historic Brush Farm House for our first Orchestra in the Park event. Listen to the Ryde Hunters Hill Symphony Orchestra while enjoying the on-site bar, cheese boards, coffee and desserts. Brush Farm House will be open to the public for guided tours on the night.
The grounds will be open from 5 pm with the concert running from 6 pm - 8.30 pm.
This is an inclusive event and facilities include an accessible restroom and parking. If you have any queries regarding accessibility please contact the City of Ryde Events team at Events@ryde.nsw.gov.au.
Please note, as this is a licensed event, alcohol cannot be brought to the venue.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Featuring: Ryde Hunters Hill Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Ian Cox
Concert Master: Naomi Warr
Soloists: Alison Robertson and George Yang (below)
- 'Overture from The Magic Flute K. 620' by W.A. Mozart
- 'Aria from Paride ed Elena: O del mio dolce ardor' (O of my Gentle Love) by C.W. Gluck soloist Alison Robertson
- 'Auf Flugeln des Gesanges' (On Wings of Song) by J.L.F. (Felix) Mendelssohn soloist Alison Robertson
- 'Cello Concerto No. 1 in C Major' by F.J. Haydn soloist George Yang
- ‘Gretchen am Spinnrade (Gretchen at the Spinning Wheel)' by F. P. Schubert soloist Alison Robertson
- ‘Alleluia from Exsultate, jubilate K. 165' by W.A. Mozart soloist Alison Robertson
- Symphony No.7 in A major, Op. 92 by L van Beethoven
Last updated on 25 March 2019