Main Content Anchor
eBooks and eAudiobooks
Download eBooks and eAudiobook titles from leading publishers
Thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks available for loan via Overdrive.
This service is available for City of Ryde Library Service members who live, work or study in the City of Ryde or the Municipality of Hunters Hill.
eAudiobook loans from Australian publisher Bolinda.
Before you start borrowing and downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks you will need:
- A current City of Ryde library membership number and PIN or password
- A compatible device with an internet connection
- The relevant software or app installed on your device.
Devices and Software
You can download eBooks and eAudiobooks on the following devices:
- Windows PCs (Windows 7 or later) or Macs (OS 10.6 or later)
- A wide range of eBook readers, smartphones and tablets running iOS (Apple iPads, iPhones) or Android
NOTE: Kindle eBook readers do not support Overdrive eBooks.
To download and read your loans, you will need to install the following software onto your device:
- For Macs and PCs
eBooks and eAudiobooks can be used in an up to dte web browser without additional software. To transfer books to an eBook reader you will need Adobe Digital Editions - you can find these on the Overdrive site.
- For compatible tablets, smartphones and Windows 10 PCs
The Libby App or the Overdrive App can be downloaded from your device’s Appstore (eg. App Store, Google Play or the Microsfot Store). To use Bolinda Digitial/Borrowbox Audiobooks install the Borrowbox App from the App Store or Google Play.
For help with Overdrive please go to https://help.overdrive.com.
- Maximum loan period is 21 days
- Loan limits for our Online Library collection are separate to the loan limit for our other collections
- At the end of the loan period files automatically expire on a user’s computer or device and do not need to be returned. Because of this, there will be NO OVERDUES
- eBooks can be returned early using the relevant App.
eBook / eAudiobook Help
Unable to find the answers to your questions in the Overdrive help pages? Please click here to contact library staff with a detailed description of your problem or question.
In order to facilitate troubleshooting, please include the following information in your correspondence, where possible:
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Exact text of any error message
- URL(s) of any error page(s)
- Library card number
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Make and model of mobile device
- Operating system
- Internet browser and version
Last updated on 8 November 2017