Looking for craft ideas and activities for your kids? Our library staff have put together a list of online resources to help you keep them engaged and learning.
Australian pre-school artist-illustrator Jeanette Rowe offers a range of activities, free for home use.
- It has a variety of adorable crafts based on children’s books such as ‘Whose legs are these?’.
- Crafts range from simple colouring sheets to crafts that involve cutting and gluing.
This blog-style website shows you how to make things predominantly using items that are readily available in the home. allows you to search for crafts based on themes, difficulty or resources required.
- Each craft is accompanied by written tutorials and pictures. Most crafts also have video tutorials.
- It offers a range of crafts such as origami, paper-plate crafts, seasonal themed crafts, monster themed, animals, etc.
- There is an option become a member and join the online community however, charges may apply (not essential).
- Prep for Easter with craft ideas from their Easter craft section.
This website contains a large variety of free activities from themed printable crafts through to word searches.
- Contains ideas for recipes and home schooling (keep in mind that the site is based in the US)
- Sign up with your email to receive a craft a day for 30 days (not essential).
This website contains many holiday craft ideas that include helpful videos.
- They have a slime recipe
- Many crafts require materials such as paint so make sure you have the items or a work around.
Orchard Toys has a large range of free, printable worksheets and activities that are fun, educational and perfect for learning at home.
From crafts to colouring experiments, Crayola offers everything you need to unleash kids' imagination.
- Resources can be sorted by age.
This website offers a wide range of craft ideas and activities in a variety of categories.
- Includes special celebrations and cultural themes.