City of Ryde Libraries is pleased to announce that Library2U has returned for City of Ryde residents!
Using your library membership, reserve up to 15 items to be delivered directly to your door as a contactless service. Alternatively, the Home Library Service has resumed temporarily expanded service for residents aged 65 years and above that reside in City of Ryde.
For more information, please call us on (02) 9952 8352 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This service is a safe COVID-19 initiative from City of Ryde Libraries. We are committed to delivering this valuable service to support our community. However, we also ask our community to be understanding that the service may be subject to delays or disruptions at short notice due to changes in the Public Health Order.
Borrow an exciting range of randomly picked children’s books including picture books, easy readers, graphic novels, children’s non-fiction and junior novels. This is a great way to engage your child in reading.
Choose from two different packs:
- Picture Book Pack (for approx. 5 - 7 year olds)
- Primary Book Pack (for approx. 8 - 12 year olds)
The service is available only to library members who reside in City of Ryde.
Join Banjo and his friends who love to read in this fun reading challenge! This challenge is all about encouraging primary school-aged students from Kindergarten to Year 6 to read and share their favourite books. To complete this challenge, children just need to read 20 books and review three of their favourite reads!
How Library2U works
- The service is available only to library members who reside in City of Ryde. If you are unsure, please click here to find your council.
- Reserve up to 15 items through our catalogue and choose "Library2U" as the pickup location. We highly suggest reserving only items that are currently available on the shelves, as a minimum of 5 allocated reserve items is required for a delivery.
- No minimum required for delivery of HSC collection items.
- You will be contacted by a member of staff to organise a delivery date once you have 5 or more items available. If you have not arranged a delivery date prior to the reservation expiry date then the items will be returned to circulation.
- Deliveries are limited to once a month. If you have not arranged a delivery date prior to the reservation expiry date then the items will be returned to circulation.
- Procedure for apartment/unit residents: you will receive a call when the delivery is at your residence. If there is no answer then the delivery will be returned to the library and you need to contact us to arrange an alternate delivery date within three days.
Terms of Service
- This is a drop off service only. To return your books, please drop them into the after-hour chutes available at any of our five branches – Ryde, West Ryde, Eastwood, North Ryde or Gladesville. All after-hour chutes are open 24/7.
- Responsibility for library items is passed onto the customer upon delivery of items to their residence. The customer is responsible for any items that are left unattended/uncollected at the allocated drop-off point.
- Only residential properties are eligible for delivery. We do not deliver to businesses, shops, schools, hospitals, aged care facilities or community centres.
- Library staff may opt not to undertake a delivery if doing so is deemed by staff to be unsafe.
- Library items received via Library2U that become lost or damaged whilst on loan will incur a fee equal to the original cost of the item on the borrower.
- This service will only operate during restricted library operations in the pandemic period.
- City of Ryde Libraries reserves the right to update these guidelines with short notice as circumstances relating to COVID-19 and library operations change.
I’m not sure if I live in the Ryde Local Government Area. How do I check?
You can refer to the Office of Local Government website or you can phone any of our City of Ryde Libraries.
How do I know if a book is available and how do I make a reservation?
You can log on to the City of Ryde Library website and browse through the online catalogue or you can phone any of our City of Ryde Libraries.
How many books can I borrow?
You can reserve up to 15 items per library card.
Is there a charge for the delivery of my library books?
Our delivery during the COVID-19 period is free.
How long will it take to receive my delivery?
Once your requested books become available, we will endeavour to arrange delivery to your home within 5-7 working days. Due to the demand, some orders may take a little longer to get to you. Please bear with us during this busy period.
How often can I get a delivery?
You can receive a delivery once per month.
When can I reserve more books for my next delivery?
After you have received your delivery, you will be able to place more reservations for another delivery in the next month.
How do I return my books?
All after-hour chutes at our libraries are open 24-7 for convenient and contactless return of your items. Alternatively, you can renew your items online through our catalogue or by phoning us.
I have nowhere safe and dry for the books to be left. Can I receive Library2U deliveries?
Once Library staff have contacted you with your delivery date we’ll ask if you have a safe space to put your items if you aren’t at home.
I live in an apartment block. Can I receive Library2U deliveries?
Yes, you can get deliveries if you live in an apartment. Once a delivery date has been organised, we will phone you when we get to your home so you can take delivery of your items.
I’m not a member of City of Ryde Libraries yet. Can I join and receive Library2U deliveries?
Yes! You can join the library online and reserve books for Library2U delivery. Your membership card will be delivered with your books.
I have a temporary online membership. Can I receive Library2U deliveries?
Yes! Please contact the library service and we will assist you.
Is there an alternative to Library2U?
During the COVID-19 period, we have expanded our Home Library Service to City of Ryde residents aged 65 and over. Please contact the Home Library Officer on (02) 9952 8365 or email Rhomelibrary@ryde.nsw.gov.au.
Can I switch from Library2U to Home Library Service?
Yes, if you are aged 65 and older.