We’ll come to you!
City of Ryde Library is pleased to introduce our new Library2U delivery service.
To support continued reading for our community during these times, we are offering this service to all library members who reside in the City of Ryde local government area. Hunters Hill residents can also access this service until 30 June 2020.
Library2U delivers books every month directly to you as a contactless service. Reservations will be open for customers from Wednesday 6 May, with deliveries commencing Monday 11 May onwards.
Alternatively, the Home Library Service is now temporarily available to all residents aged 65 years and above, that live in City of Ryde. Hunters Hill residents also have access to this service until 30 June 2020. To set up free home deliveries and collection of library items please contact the Home Library Service Officer at 02 9952 8365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Library2U works
- The service is open to active library members who reside in City of Ryde or Hunters Hill council areas. If you’re unsure, click here to check.
- Access our catalogue and reserve up to 10 items you want delivered. For reservation instructions please see our FAQ.
- All books are loaned to you for 6 weeks, with 3 possible renewals. Restrictions apply.
- You will be contacted by library staff to arrange a time and date for delivery.
- Deliveries are sent out once per calendar month.
- You can reserve books up right until your delivery date but we cannot guarantee that they will be available in time for delivery.
- This is a drop off service only. To return your books, please drop them into the after-hour chutes available at any of our five branches – Ryde, West Ryde, Eastwood, North Ryde or Gladesville.
How to reserve items:
- If you’re not yet a member, join up online for a temporary library membership.
- Go to our catalogue and log into your account by clicking the option on the top right hand corner of the page. Use your library card number for Borrower ID.
- If you need help with your password there is the option to reset it online.
- Ensure that your home delivery address is correct. If the information in your Personal Details tab is incorrect then please inform us as soon as possible.
- You can reserve up to 10 books per library membership.
- From the pickup location dropdown list, please select “Library2U”.
- To renew your books online, view your current loans through the “Current Loans” tab and select the books you wish to extend.
For further information and assistance, please contact us via the following channels:
Phone: 02 9952 8352