Following the current NSW Public Health Order, contract tracing is now mandatory for all City of Ryde Libraries. All customers are required to provide their details upon entry to the library, through 1 of 3 ways:
- QR code registration
- Library card scanning
- Front desk check-in
Patron limits apply at all library branches.
Monday, Wednesday: 10.00am – 7.00pm
Tuesday, Friday: 10.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday: 10.00am – 9.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Sunday: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
West Ryde Library
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday: 10.00am - 8.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Wednesday: 10.00am - 8.00pm
Monday to Friday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 12 noon
Tuesday to Thursday: 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 1.30pm
Conditions of Entry
- Please stay home if you feel unwell or show signs of the following symptoms: a temperature, sore or scratchy throat, cough or breathlessness.
- Please observe customer limits at all libraries and keep your visits short.
- Please observe 1.5 metre social distancing inside and outside the library.
- Please practise good hygiene and cough/sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue.
We ask that you treat fellow customers and library staff with courtesy and respect. View the Code of Conduct policy(PDF, 55KB).
We have put in place the following measures for the health and safety of our customers:
- External return chutes are open 24/7 for contactless return of items at all libraries.
- All returned library items will be quarantined for a period of 72 hours before being removed from your card. A grace period of fines has been applied to all loans to account for this.
- Cough guards and social distancing markers have been installed at all libraries to ensure the 1.5 metre distance rule is observed.
- Extra cleaning of library surfaces and door handles are carried out throughout the day.
- Meeting rooms are currently unavailable for use due to social distancing restrictions.
To assist in in making things easier in this stressful time, we have implemented automatic renewals at all City of Ryde Library branches.
Eligible library items will be automatically renewed if:
- They are not already overdue and/or have incurred a fine
- The maximum renewal limit has not been exceeded
- The item is not reserved by another borrower
Collection items that cannot be automatically renewed:
- Interlibrary Loan
- Fast Reads
- Book Club Kits
- HSC Collection
- Electronic resources (ebooks, eaudiobooks, etc.)
Automatic renewals are applied 2 days before the original due date.
Loaned items that cannot be automatically renewed will maintain their original due dates.
Eligible library items will be automatically renewed for the same period of time as the original loan. For renewal extension periods and renewal limits please see the tables below.
Please note: courtesy loan reminders are still sent out 3 days before the due date of your items. To check the status of your loans, we suggest logging in to your account online or contacting any of our libraries.
COMPUTER USE (PHOTOCOPYING, PRINTING AND SCANNING)
Public computer access is limited due to social distancing restrictions, and will require you to have a library card with PIN or password. The following conditions apply:
- Limited to 1 hour usage per user, per day
- Operate on first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved
- Express PCs are also available at all branches.
You will be asked to use the provided sanitising wipes before and after you use the computer or photocopier.
To save you having to wait for a computer, simply upload your documents from home via WebPrint then visit any of our libraries to release directly from the printer.
JUSTICE OF THE PEACE
All JP services at City of Ryde Libraries are suspended until further notice. For a list of local community centres offering JP services in the local Ryde area and surrounding local government areas, please see our JP Services page.
PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
To ensure the health and safety of our community and staff we have suspended most in-person programs until further notice. Our Rhymetime and Storytime sessions return in limited capacity as bookable sessions of Read and Rhyme Storytime.
Online Storytime and Online English Conversation Classes (Intermediate) are temporarily been hosted digitally.
Visit our Online Library to access thousands of free electronic resources for adults and children with your library membership. Browse our eCollection to read and listen anything, anywhere, or discover the world of online activities for children with our Junior Library.
SCIENCE KITS AND TOY LIBRARY
Science Kits and Toys from the Toy Library are now available for loan at all libraries. As per our current returns policy, all returned Science Kits and Toys will be quarantined for a period of 72 hours before being removed from your card. For larger items that cannot be put through the external chute, please return them when the library is open.
HOME LIBRARY SERVICE
The Home Library Service has been expanded to include those who are 65+ years while social distancing restrictions are in place.