At this stage to manage a safe environment, only members will be permitted to enter our libraries. If you’re not already a member, you can register online.
Please note: Up to 20 customers will be admitted at a time. Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
Key Changes - Conditions of Entry - Safety Measures - Planning your Visit - Technology - Library2U - Home Library Service - Online Library - Programs - JP Service - Meeting Rooms - Science Kits and Toy Library
Ryde Library Service reopened on Monday, 1 June following the easing of restrictions by the NSW State Government
To ensure the health and safety of our community and staff we will be fully complying with the NSW Health guidelines to provide a safe and healthy environment and have implemented some changes to the our library opening hours and services.
- Members-only access (online membership included)
- We are opening with revised opening hours:
Ryde, Eastwood, West Ryde, North Ryde Libraries
Monday to Friday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Tuesday to Thursday: 1.00pm - 5.00pm
Friday: 9.00am - 1.30pm
- We have introduced a streamlined Drop & Collect at your Library service. Customers can borrow and return items.
- Public computer usage is limited to 30 minutes with allocation on a first-come, first-served basis.
- External return chutes will remain open 24/7 for contactless return of items.
- Customer service transactions have been limited.
- You can now borrow 35 items for a period of six weeks.
- Customers may be required to queue outside the library.
Conditions of entry
- At this stage to manage a safe environment, only members will be permitted to enter our libraries. If you’re not already a member, you can join up online.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or showing any of the following symptoms: a temperature, sore or scratchy throat, cough or are feeling breathless.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry.
- Please have your membership card available.
- Please observe the limits on patron numbers and period of stay.
- Please follow staff instructions.
- Please observe 1.5 metre social distancing inside and outside the library.
- Please practise good hygiene.
- Please cough/sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue.
We have put in place the following measures in the interest of the health and safety of our customers:
- Patrons are limited to 20 customers at a time. You may be requested to show your Ryde Library membership card at the door.
- Library visits are kept under 30 minutes.
- Library items will be disinfected where possible and quarantined before being returned to the Library collection for borrowing.
- Cough guards and social distancing markers have been installed at all libraries to ensure the 1.5 metre distance rule is observed.
- Extra cleaning of library surfaces and doors will be carried out throughout the day.
Planning your visit
To keep visit times short we encourage you to:
- Reserve your items online where possible rather than visiting to browse the Library collection. Search the catalogue and reserve items here. Keep track of your reserve and find out when the item is available for collection please logon to your account or call the library.
- The library after-hours returns chutes will remain open 24/7 to allow you to return items anytime contact-free.
Computer use, printing & scanning
Access to public computers is limited due to social distancing restrictions with a maximum time limit of 30 minutes per user. Computers will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis with no bookings available. You will be asked to use the provided surface wipes before and after your session. To access computers and printing/scanning services you will need your library card and password.
To save you having to wait for a computer, you can:
- Use a USB to print any PDF or image files directly from the printer.
- Upload your print job from home via webprint then simply visit any of our libraries to release directly from the printer.
- Use the printer/photocopying machines located at all branches to scan directly to email or USB .
Available to all library members who live in the City of Ryde local government area, the Library2U service will deliver your books directly to you as a contactless service. Find out more.
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is a free home delivery and collection service for residents of City of Ryde who are unable to attend the Library due to illness or disability.
The service has been expanded to those 65+ while COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are in place.
Visit our Online Library and use your library membership to access thousands of free eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and other online resources. You and your little one can also enjoy stories and songs at home with Online Storytime.
Programs and activities
At this stage the library is reopening as a streamlined Drop and Collect at your library service only. Some of our regular programs have been temporarily moved online. Find out more.
Justice of the Peace
Our Justice of the Peace services are temporarily unavailable until further notice. Visit the JP Public Register for a list of JPs in your local area.
To assist in social distancing and to ensure library visits are kept to 30 minutes, our meeting rooms and study spaces are currently unavailable until further notice.
Science Kits and Toy Library
Science Kits and Toy Library items are currently unavailable for loan, however, borrowers can return any kits or toys that are already out on loan.