A reservation can be placed on items that are:
- Out on loan
- On order, or
- On the shelf at one of the Ryde libraries.
Reservations are free of charge and you can reserve up to 10 items at a time. You will be notified by email (or post if you specify) when the item is ready to be picked up. The reservation will be kept for up to 10 days (including the weekend).
You can make a reservation online via the catalogue or by telephone.
Online Library Catalogue
- Go to the Library Catalogue.
- Search for the item you want to reserve.
- Click on the box next to the title you would like to reserve (a tick will appear when you click on the box).
- Click on Reserve Selections located at the top (and bottom) of the screen.
- The Place Reservations screen appears. On the Pickup Location click on the down arrow to select the location where you want to pick up your reservation.
- Click on Submit.
- Call any of the Ryde libraries during opening hours.
- Ensure you have the details of the item you want to reserve e.g. title, author, ISBN.
- Have your library card number ready.