When choosing a venue or location for your event, consider the following:
- Does the location have access to toilets, water, electricity?
- Is there shelter available / weather protection?
- What will be the impact on the local environment i.e. flora and fauna?
- What is the proximity of the site to residences?
- What is the proximity to local businesses and are they supportive of the event concept?
- Is there public transport close by? Is parking available?
- What are the site’s risks and hazards (eg. bodies of water, cliffs, industry)?
Make your booking enquiries as soon as possible. Some venues and locations are very popular and require booking well in advance.
Council Parks and Sportsgrounds
Approval is required to hold an event for more than 50 people in a park, sportsground or reserve within the City of Ryde. Areas suited to large events include:
- Ryde Park
- Putney Park
- Kissing Point Park
- Yamble Reserve
- North Ryde Common
For more information on facilities and features, see the Find a Park or Sportsground page.
Council managed venues available for hire include a variety of large and small community halls that are suitable for medium to large events. A full listing of amenities and facilities at each venue, including floorplans and maps, is available in our Venue Hire section.
Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre also has space available for hire that may suit some indoor events. See the RALC Facilities page.
Eastwood Plaza is a popular location for events such as information expos, stalls and performance including outdoor cinema. Enquiries should be made to Customer Service on 9952 8222.
There are additional venue options in the City of Ryde, including:
- School halls
- Theatre spaces
- Exhibition spaces