Community Buildings play a pivotal role in improving the quality of life of our community. They are identified by both the community and the service sector as being vital to the delivery of affordable services that meet the community’s needs. Council currently supports 29 community services in subsidised accommodation, including childcare centres, baby healthcare centres, family support services, arts groups, heritage groups, community service organisations, and disability support services.
Community Buildings are a vital part of Council’s Sector Activation Model which aims to strengthen the community services sector. Council is working with our tenants, and the broader service sector to achieve:
- Well-resourced organisations: Provide subsidies to tenants based on their capacity to pay, support improved governance and provide assistance in applying for grants.
- Quality direct service provision: Deliver social programs and services to the community.
- Greater capacity: Identify needs and develop skills and opportunities for development.
- Productive partnerships: Optimise outcomes from limited resources.
- Community incubators: Link new, small community organisations with established organisations to provide an intensive mentoring and support process.
- Increased utilisation: Increase capacity of existing buildings to deliver more services and create new buildings in partnership with tenants and businesses.
Applicants will be placed on a register and will be notified when a building becomes vacant.
If you require more information, contact the Community Venue Hire Team on 9952 8222.