Measles is about. Get vaccinated!
Measles is one of the most contagious infectious diseases. Learn about the signs and symptoms of measles and how to prevent it.
Find out more about Measles
Council has been providing an immunisation service to our local community for over 50 years. This service is available for all children from newborn to five years of age regardless of place of residence. You do not need a Medicare card to attend our service. The service:
- Promotes the Immunise Australia Program and administers childhood vaccines according to the NSW Immunisation Schedule
- Is staffed by fully accredited Immunisation Nurses who provide an efficient, caring and professional service
- Provides current information on new vaccines and immunisation schedules, health and well-being for early childhood and other community information.
Attention Parents and Carers
Next Immunisation Clinic - Tuesdays, 11 & 25 February 2020
Infants and young children are most likely to spread the flu and suffer complications. By immunising this age group those more vulnerable in our community will also be protected, including babies too young to receive a flu vaccine.
Children who have never had a flu vaccination will need two doses; one month apart. The vaccine will cover four strains of influenza virus, two A strains and two B strains, likely to be circulating this winter.
- Newborn babies must be 6 weeks old (42 days) before receiving their first immunisation. If your child is due for immunisation please attend this clinic. No appointment is necessary. If you require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the City of Ryde Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222.
- Flu vaccine is still available at our clinic. It’s not too late to vaccinate! Parents of children under 5 years of age are encouraged to speak with their immunisation provider. Annual seasonal influenza vaccination is recommended for any person, aged 6 months and over, who wishes to reduce the likelihood of becoming ill with influenza.
- Free flu shots for NSW children aged 6 months to under 5 years. This benefit is provided through the NSW Government’s influenza vaccination program. Parents can access the free flu shot from their usual immunisation provider: their GP, Aboriginal Medical Service, community health centre or local council. For more details, please visit the Department of Health website.
Clinic Dates 2020
Clinics are regularly held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month - except for December. Please check the schedule below.
- Venue - All clinics will be held in the West Ryde Hall, 1A Station Street, West Ryde - see location map.
- Parking - 2 Hours free parking is available under Coles supermarket – entry via Market St
- Times - Two sessions are conducted on clinic days: 9.30 am - 11.30 am and 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
- Administration Fee - currently an administration fee of $6 per child is requested.
||11 & 25
||10 & 24
||14 & 28
||12 & 26
||9 & 23
No appointment is necessary - you may attend any clinic if your child is due for immunisation.
Note: Please remember to bring your child's 'blue book' or immunisation health records and Medicare card if available. This service is available for all children from newborn to five years of age regardless of place of residence.
Where can I get further information?
See www.immunise.health.gov.au or www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation