City of Ryde's Development Control Plan 2014 - Part 9.5 Tree Preservation
The City of Ryde's Development Control Plan (DCP) aims to help improve the quality of the local environment and liveability of Ryde. The following points are the key factors of tree management and conservation in The City:
- The framework and requirements regarding the removal, pruning and subsequent replacement of trees within the City of Ryde;
- To maximise a sustainable urban forest canopy across the City of Ryde;
- To conserve trees of ecological, heritage, aesthetic and cultural significance;
- To protect and manage individual trees as an important community asset;
- To ensure all new development considers existing trees on the site and provides opportunity for the healthy growth of large trees.
For more information see the City of Ryde's Development Control Plan 2014 Part 9.5 - Tree Preservation(PDF, 1MB)
To request a FREE street tree at your property make a request online.