Library Exhibition Program
The Library Exhibition Program offers a creative opportunity in the heart of City of Ryde across our library locations. The key aim is to present a varied and informative arts and cultural program annually which connects to our local communities while supporting and showcasing the myriad of diverse creatives, artists and groups working across the Ryde local government area.
Our Aim is to support the development of local artists/ creatives to
- Showcase, build partnerships and celebrate artists/creatives in the local area
- Connect our community and foster a dialogue with innovative and authentic cultural expression
- Support the development of new work
- Provide skill sharing opportunities for established artists where they connect with the local creative community (i.e masterclasses, workshops, features in our newsletter or website)
- Increase engagement with established artists to support the growth of wider Ryde creative sector
- Activate and foster creative professional development
Hence, we are calling for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to hold exhibitions in one of our four library gallery spaces. The spaces are: Ryde Library Display Cabinet, Ryde Library Digital Display, West Ryde Library Display Cabinet and Eastwood Library Display Cabinet.
Important Information for Applicants
Applications are open to artists and groups based anywhere is Greater Sydney. However, priority will be given to applicants who have a demonstrable connection to City of Ryde area.
We are committed to selecting a program of exhibitions that reflect the diversity of our City. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, artists from culturally diverse backgrounds, and artists living with disability.
Successful applicants will be responsible for organising and installing their own exhibitions, at an agreed time with City of Ryde Libraries staff.
City of Ryde Libraries will provide support through providing subsidised access to gallery spaces and promoting the exhibition via the Council website, newsletter and social media channels.
Please ensure you have read the following documents prior to submitting your application.
|31 May 2023
|July to December 2023
||Display Tenancy Period
|31 October 2023
|January to June 2024
||Display Tenancy Period
Please note: Your exhibition may also be programmed on other dates if it thematically aligns with other events the library is conducting. This will be in consultation with you if chosen to be programmed.