If you are seeking permission to remove or prune a tree on your property fill out a
and submit the form to Council with the applicable fee.
You can review a Tree Permit within three months of receiving your determination. Complete a and then submit the form to Council with the applicable fee.
For properties within or part of a Heritage Conservation Area or Heritage Item and you wish to apply for tree removal, you must complete a .
Please note exemptions do not apply (including removing deadwood) for any Tree which:
- is listed on the City of Ryde Significant Tree Register;
- is located as part of a vulnerable, threatened or endangered ecological community;
- is or forms part of a heritage item;
- is within one of the five heritage conservation areas within the City of Ryde.
To check if your property is exempt please contact Council's Customer Service on 9952 8222.
Applications under the City of Ryde's Development Control Plan (DCP) 2014 Part 9.5 - Tree Preservation, incur an application fee. Current fees are as follows:
Residential (non strata)
- $69.50 per tree, up to 2 trees
- $139 for 2 trees
- $174 for 3 trees
- $23 per additional tree (more than 3) per property (on top of $170)
Pensioner discount (Residential - Non Strata only)
- Pensioners will receive up to 50% discount (pensioner ID required)
Commercial and other (pensioner discount not available)
- $138 per tree, up to 2 trees
- $276 for 2 trees
- $349 for 3 trees
- $93.50 per additional tree (more than 3) on top of $341 per property
Review of Decision
- $26 for Stage 1 Review (by an alternative Council officer)
- $42 for Stage 2 Review (by Council's Internal Review Panel)
- Pensioners will receive a 50% discount (pensioner ID required)
- Urgency Application* - $465 (for permit determination within 3 working days, in addition to the application fee)
*subject to availability